Tuesday, March 11, 2008

IT'S SLOW - BUT IT'S COMING


My sampler that is! I really have been pretty slack in the cross stitch area of late but I am also a bit disillusioned with this piece as well. I was so enthusiastic at first to get it started – I loved the pattern and the colours – but I find the Water Color thread so heavy to pull through on the return part of the stitch that it’s become a rather laborious task. I just wish I had tried a piece first in these threads to get a feel of them. If I had, I probably wouldn’t have used them on this larger piece but would have chosen matching threads in cotton floss.

Oh well, too late for that now – I either finish it – or leave it as is – then nothing would be achieved. It probably will look OK finished and framed but at the rate I’m going, it may be a long time before that happens. Meantime, I’m occupying my time with scrapbooking, much smaller cross stitch projects and re-decorating in one of our bedrooms. Not sure which is the most tedious – probably I’d have to say stripping the wallpaper. But somehow I think the redecorating will be finished far sooner than the sampler!


No comments: