Tuesday, March 23, 2010

BUSY DAYS

I went to get my new lenses fitted yesterday and foolishly didn't really give them a good test before leaving the shop. Went to read some stuff during the afternoon and found that I couldn't see the words very clearly. The multi focal lenses seemed to be blurring the words. I was annoyed with myself as the Optometrist is about 30km from where I live in a suburb called Chatswood. (There are several closer however this is the one I've been going to for about 20 years and am reluctant to change).


I was already late for a luncheon/Nutrimetics and Tupperware demonstration organised by some ladies from my church. The distance lens was fine so I was OK driving. After getting there late and leaving early I headed for my appointment at the chiropractor but phoned the Optometrist before I started the car. He suggested I just try them out for a day or so. I was a bit peeved as I didn't really want to be trailing back to Chatswood another day if I could help it. After a 35 minute solid neck and shoulder massage, and a few little moves from the chiro man I was feeling much easier and by the time I arrived home decided I could probably alter the glasses frame myself. I got out an old pair of glasses (to see with) and with the help of a little pair of pliers managed to move the little thingies that rest on your nose. (this is not meant to be a complicated blog but its getting more and more involved!) With moving them down a fraction, it has now lifted the frame on my face just a little and my vision is now much easier. I don't think it's quite right and I'm a bit afraid that I'll do damage to the frames if I mess with them any more so I might just have to go back to Chatswood in the long run. That will certainly teach me to check things won't it?


This morning I've been doing some retail therapy - having to pack for both cold and warm temperatures has been good in many ways! I've just simply had to buy a couple of things to take. So I'm now home with a new pair of little flat shoes and a 'drape front' cardigan. Sounds kind of 'posh' doesn't it? Here's a photo of them so you can visualise what I'll be wearing - well some of the time anyway! LOL


While I'm about it, here's 3 of my beautiful roses which always have the most vibrant colours when they bloom in autumn.


Blessings!




Purples, mauves, aquas and grey





Princess Diana of Wales



Julia's Rose



Moonstone

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you got your glasses fixed, I'm no good with roses unfortunately...

Barbara said...

I can identify with your problems with lenses.....it seems they only fit right occasionally....does our head shift or what???

Love the roses, especially the moonstone...they are beautiful.

I know you must be looking forward to your trip. Have a great week!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Glad that you sorted out the issue with your glasses. As for your droopy eyelids, my MIL has MS and has had issues with not being able to open her eyes, she had a few botox treatments and that seemed to work well. Your cardigan and shoes are gorgeous, love purple. I bet you can' wait to see your son and family.